1. Blest is he who loves God’s precepts,
Who from sin restrains his feet,
He who will not stand with sinners,
He who shuns the scorners’ seat.
2. Blest is he who makes the statutes
Of the Lord his chief delight,
In God’s law, divinely perfect,
Meditating day and night.
3. He is like a tree well planted
By the flowing river’s side,
Ever green of leaf and fruitful:
Thus shall all his works abide.
4. Like the driven chaff the wicked
Shall be swept from off the land;
With the just they shall not gather,
Nor shall in the judgment stand.
5. Well the Lord will guard the righteous,
For their way to Him is known;
But the way of evil-doers
Shall by Him be over thrown.
1. That man is blessed who fearing God,
From sin restrains his feet,
Who will not stand with wicked men,
Who shuns the scorners’ seat.
2. Yea, blest is he who makes God’s law
His portion and delight,
And meditates upon that law
With gladness day and night.
3. That man is nourished like a tree
Set by the river’s side;
Its leaf is green, its fruit is sure,
And thus his works abide.
4. The wicked like the driven chaff
Are swept from off the land;
They shall not gather with the just,
Nor in the judgment stand.
5. The Lord will guard the righteous well,
Their way to Him is known;
The way of sinners, far from God,
Shall surely be o’er thrown.
- Richard Baxter’s, Directions for Sabbath Keeping
- Listen to these lectures on Family Religion.
- Dr. Beeke, Reformed Experiential Preaching
- Rev. Shoeman & Koopman, Position on Christian Education
The Mission of the Local Church
- Calvin Van Reken, The Mission of the Local Church
- Westminster Larger Catechism on the Sacraments. Questions 162-177.
- VanDellen & Monsma, Commentary, Articles 55-60.
Read the following:
Watch the following videos:
- Are the Gospels Reliable?
- The DaVinci Code
- Stephen Meyer vs. Michael Shermer
- Ravi Zacharias, Homosexuality & Church membership
- The Emergent Church Sproul, Mohler, Ravi
- Seeker Sensitive, Sproul, Mohler, Ravi
- Evolution & Christianity, Sproul, Mohler, Ravi
- Life is Meaningless, Ravi
- Problem of Evil, Ravi